Removing dried stucco overspray from tile and glass

Old 12-27-06, 07:49 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Removing dried stucco overspray from tile and glass

Does anyone have suggestions on what I could use to remove dried stucco overspray off ceramic tile and glass slider doors?

I am reading up on muriatic acid since I heard that would work. So far, I have found that a baking soda and water solution will neutralize the acid.

Thanks for any advice you can share.

Old 12-27-06, 07:55 AM
T
The acid is not a good solution. You can use diesel fuel or a product called "Speedy Clean" to safely remove it from glass and aluminum.

Old 12-27-06, 08:02 AM
B
Red face

Thanks much! I will start looking for speedy clean.

Old 12-31-06, 11:52 AM
B
straight white vinegar will work also gust let it sit on the stuff you want to remove for 20 minutes or so and clean off, will not hurt or staing grout tile etc

Old 12-31-06, 12:03 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
When it comes to cleaning, it's always best to bring out the little guns before bringing out the cannons. Start with the vinegar and let set to soften. Use brush or plastic scraper to help nudge stucco off surface. If making progress, repeat. Proceed with caution if using oils or oil-based cleaners as they may discolor grout. If colored grout, products that contain bleach or strong cleaners may affect grout dye. Muriatic acid is not recommended for indoor use. Unless tile is acid rated, acid is not recommended.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: