How to remove old dark oil stains from cement driveway

Old 04-01-07, 08:59 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to remove old dark oil stains from cement driveway

Our driveway is a poured cement driveway and it has been stained badly by cars that have leaked until recently. I've looked into tearing out and replacing the driveway but its just too costly at this moment. If I can't clean it, are there any other options beside tearing out and replacing it? What about staining it?

Old 04-02-07, 09:27 AM
T
The stain will not hide the oil stains. You can't ever really get them all the way out, but I have had good luck removing most of it like this:

Make a damp paste of laundry detergent and apply it to the stain. Cover with plastic and leave on for a few days. Remove the goo, then get kitty litter (oil dry) and scrub it into the stain. Rinse.

Old 04-03-07, 07:03 AM
S
There used to be a product called, FADE. It was made by a concrete company for uses like you speak. I would try calling some of the ready mix, and bagged suppliers and see if it is still around.

Owning a hardware store for 23 years we sold it and had fair to good results. The product would penetrate the surface and then over a period of time the SUN would fade the stain.

Worth a call.

Dale
Indy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: