Goat Climbing Structure

Old 04-08-07, 10:48 PM
O
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Goat Climbing Structure

I would like to build a concrete structure for my boer goats (40) to climb. The structure exterior must be rough to wear down the goats hooves. This will alleviate my having to trim hooves constantly. I would like to create an "A" frame structure, so the goats could go through as well as climb on top of the structure. I'm, not sure how to proceed with this idea. Can someone offer me some advice on how to begin the project?

Old 04-09-07, 06:06 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
If you're not intimately familiar with concrete work, you may want to look at easier and cheaper alternatives. The easiest way I can think of is to get a couple of triaxle loads of large stone and pile those up for your goats to climb on. You won't get an arch for them to walk under that way, but you will get a hill that is rough on their hooves.
Concrete structures like you are describing are usually done with shotcrete, a modified mortar mix sprayed out of a high pressure gun onto a wire mesh and rebar framework. You see it a lot on fake rock formations at zoos and amusement parks.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: