Cement basement floor cleaner?

Old 04-17-07, 07:09 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cement basement floor cleaner?

I've removed the carpeting and scraped off the rubber that was left, as they'd glued the carpet to the floor initially. What should i rent to further clean the floor, we want to take up what rubber and adhesive is left and have the floor ready to paint.

Old 04-17-07, 02:43 PM
S
Have your tried anything yet? Being it is a basement FUMES are a major concern when using chemicals, THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE, anyway.

I have flipped 10 homes and have run into this problem before. I like to start out trying simple things, like RAGS SOAKED WITH HOT WATER, and spread out the rag for 15 minutes or so JUST to see if such has ANY affect. If you are lucky enough to find it works, then repeat. If it doesn't then a SHARP long handled scraper to remove the BIG stuff would be my next step. After that then talk to a good rental center and see what kind of equipment you can rent. I would think one of the large SINGLE pad floor sanders-buffers would be very helpful. Remember most of these pads are reversible giving you longer pad life. iThey offer different grits of disc, so discuss with them your problem. I doubt that you will be needing the WHITE buffing pad, but then again you may find that to get the finish you desire you just, MAY.

Other than this I don't have any suggestions, chemicals, well BE CAREFUL, for sure.

I wish you well,

Dale
Indy

Old 04-18-07, 05:05 AM
J
Thanks, yea I guess what I need is the floor sander-buffer, all that remains is some rubber padding and adhesive left behind after scraping, which was a little work out, I agree about trying to limit using chemicals.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: