sealing crack where concrete wall meets garage floor?

Old 04-25-07, 06:25 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

In our attached garage, there is a small crack running along where the floor of the garage meets the foundation wall. Sometimes when it rains heavily we will get some water on the garage floor in this area, and when that happens, the water will run into the crack, and will end up dripping or condensing on the other side, near the top of the basement wall where the sill plate is. The basement room where this is happening is currently unfinished.

What I would like to do is fill this crack and seal it up, so that water can't seep through to the basement.

Can anyone please recommend what product I should use to do this? What would be the best thing to permanently seal this? How should I go about doing this?

Thank you
Kevin

Old 04-25-07, 06:39 PM
K
Upvotes: 0
to clarify, it's not really a crack - i should have said it's the joint where the floor meets the wall in the garage - should hydraulic cement be used for this?

thanks
kevin

Old 04-25-07, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

How is the water getting into the garage? Eliminating the water from getting on the garage floor would be the first thing to do.

I may not be reading the layout or the condition properly. Usually the garage floor is one step above the first floor level and the sill plate.

Dick

Old 04-26-07, 06:19 AM
S
Silicone Caulk

A good quality silicone caulk will seal the joint, yet expand and contract as needed.

As Concretemasonry suggests, eliminate the water getting into the garage in the first place.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: