How to form wide angles with cinder blocks

Old 04-27-07, 08:36 AM
M
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know how professional masons deal with wide angles when building with concrete cinder blocks. I have a situation where my wall is at about 145 degree angle so if I use cinder there will be an "open space" on the outside at the joint where the two wall sections meet. What's the best way to fill this space and still make it look nice and structurally sound ? Thanks for your advice.

Old 04-27-07, 09:12 AM

Find a concrete block supplier that manufacturera special corner units. You angle of 145 degres may be difficult. A 135 degree deflection angle is must more common.

If a good supplier is not available, lay out what will fit for your angle AND wall thickness for continuity. Then chip or saw the block to fit that detail.

If your wall is exposed on both sides, it will take more planning. If it is exposed on only one side, plan for that side and use mortar and/or brick to fill the back side. Wire joint reinforcement that you use in the wall will provide additional continuity through the corner if it is used in every course.

Old 04-27-07, 09:52 AM
T
Just cut the jointing block and be sure to carry reinforcement through.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: