asphalt driveway depressions

Old 04-28-07, 08:10 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
asphalt driveway depressions

I have 4 depressions from where an old car was sitting for a couple of years. What's the best way to repair this? I heard that Cold Patch will work, and there are new types where it will last for many many years. Last thing I want is for it to peel or crack in a year. I don't mind if I have to chisel out to get a good bond.

Thanks.

Old 04-30-07, 12:30 PM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile

Are they from frame stands, concrete blocks, bare rims, what are they, how deep?

Thanks,

Dale
Indy

Old 05-02-07, 10:29 AM
D
Received 3 Upvotes on 3 Posts
None of the above... tires were on the car, so it was just the sheer weight sitting in one spot for over a year at a time. simply a depression with small cracks around the exterior of the depression. Maybe 1-2" deep max.

I found 2 types of repair material at Lowe's

First - 40 lb bag of "QPR" which supposedly lasts forever, it is more of a course asphalt material as opposed to a liquid filler.

Second - 5-10lb bucket called "Blackjack drive patch" by Garner. This seemed to be more of a filler, but can't tell without opening bucket.

I don't want to fill the depression and have it get mushy/sticky when it gets hot, and I don't want it to recur or chip/flake off.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Old 05-02-07, 10:49 AM
S
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have used the bag material, and had good results. I like to use when HOT so material will flow better into the dent. You can fill then lay a piece of plywood on top of same and drive a car over to flatten and level out. I used a piece 3/4" larger than the patch of course.

Needless to say the dents should be clean. If you choise to do such you can seal the whole drive to blend in the color. I would wait a few days though.

I wish you well,

Dale
Indy

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: