How to pea gravel in concrete

Old 05-03-07, 01:22 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to pea gravel in concrete

For many years we have had just grass to walk to and from out driveway to the front steps. My husband poured pea gravel to make a walkway but the gravel doesn't stay between the boards. I would like it to be set in concrete. What ti the right way to do this?

Thank you!

Old 05-04-07, 05:23 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,267 Upvotes on 1,207 Posts
Sorry, but I've read your post several times and I can't figure out exactly what you're asking. Are you saying you want to pull the gravel and put in a sidewalk? Something else?

Old 05-05-07, 11:02 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What she is talking about is exposed aggregate and there are two ways to accomplish this. The best way involves the use of a Concrete Retarder and that should be left up to a professional. The other way is to pour the sidewalk squares in concrete about below the forms and then sprinkle the pea gravel over the top. Work the gravel into the concrete till the cement mix covers the gravel entirely. (It should look like a regular sidewalk at this point) After it is set up and about the time one would broom it, wash it off with water while scrubbing with and a stiff broom. The pea gravel will be exposed but imbedded in the concrete base. Use a shiny sealer for looks and to protect the pea gravel from popping loose.

Old 05-05-07, 11:48 AM
S
Group Moderator
Received 1,267 Upvotes on 1,207 Posts
OK, now I understand the question and how to fix it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: