Cut concrete w/19.v drill?

Old 05-05-07, 08:18 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Cut concrete w/19.v drill?

Hi all,

I've got a tight situation where I'd like to cut some concrete located in a bar-b-que island. I need to, essentially, cut some concrete away from where a riser/lower handle for the bar-b-que is located. The handle is just way too close to part of the bar-b-que island (think U shaped with the bbq inside the U all the way up against one of the return 'arms'). I've already knocked/cut some of the 'hollow block' away but need to cut into the 3" thick concrete slab that's atop the hollow block. The cut will be about 2" into the slab x 3" (thick slab) x about 9" in length.

What type of masonary cutting attachment could I use with my 19.v cordless (non impact) drill? I suppose I could drill a whole bunch of holes with a masonry bit, but I'd like to find out if anyone knows of a good cutting wheel (or even abrasive wheel) for such a drill / job? I'm not in the market of wanting to purchase an angle grinder or similar tool to reach into the somewhat tight quarters (i.e. a circular saw won't fit).

Thanks!

Gary

Old 05-05-07, 08:30 PM
T
It would probably be easier to remove the handle and have it fabbed to work. That said, there is not much in the way of bits that will work with a cordless drill to make it easy.

Old 05-05-07, 08:35 PM
hammer and chisel would do it (their cordless to )

Old 05-06-07, 11:25 AM
R
Cool

thanks for the replys guys.

i had thought about having it refabbed, moving the handle to the other side of the grill. my brother-in-law has the means to make that happen, so it would be free (he's a nice guy , although a pain in the rear to take the grill out (455 sq in SS Texas BBQ - heavy) and take it to him.

as for the chisel method, i've been doing a bit of that as well.

darn. i was hoping somebody made a cutting wheel for this type of situation. oh well.

thanks again.

Old 05-06-07, 11:47 AM
you could always rent a hilti hammer drill with a chisel attachment.

make quick work off it , probably run 25-35 for a half day

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: