Asphalt replacement on the side of my driveway

Old 05-08-07, 09:45 AM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Asphalt replacement on the side of my driveway

The house I'm currently living in will be put up for sale sometime over the next two months, and my family and I are trying to put all we can into it. We've been in the house for 18 years.

At the current time, I'm concentrating on replacing some of the asphalt in the sections that need it the most. There's no way we will be able to put together enough for a full driveway repaving. We have a fairly long, steep driveway with several curves. Over the years, rain and other elements of nature have eaten away at the asphalt from the sides inward. I've used cement and asphalt from Home Depot [usually the sakrete brand] to fill and patch sections over the past few summers. I was wondering if anybody would be able to reccomend methods of application that are fairly resistant to country weather--or any products that have worked for you in the past. I want to make this as aesthetically pleasing as possible, if solutions allow.

Thank you.

Old 05-08-07, 07:21 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
paving sections

the way you have described your driveway sounds like you have alot of erosion that is eating away at the asphant. if i was in your place i would put up a railroad tie or blocks where the problems of erosion are before you do the patch job.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: