Foundation Question

Old 05-16-07, 12:41 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Foundation Question

I am currently having a new home built and have a question regarding cracks in the foundation. The foundation was poured last Thursday. Yesterday I went out to look at the progress of the house and noticed several cracks in the foundation. The cracks are less than 1/8 of an inch thick but one runs about 19 feet. Should I be concerned about this? I know they are small in width but concerned about the length of the crack. The other 3 cracks were from 2 to 5 feet in length and less than 1/8 inch thick. Thanks for the help.

Old 05-16-07, 01:57 PM
W
Received 34 Votes on 31 Posts
Foundation

Are you talking about an actual concrete foundation or are you talking about the footers on which the foundatoin will be built?

Old 05-16-07, 02:20 PM
Foundation Question

Is this a foundation wall? or a floating basement slab? or a structural reinforced foundation slab with thickened edges?

Where are the cracks? Near the center on one side going across?

Dick

Old 05-16-07, 10:10 PM
C
Hummm… is this a basement wall foundation wall or a below frost line foundation wall (no basement)?
Is it just one wall that is cracked or do the cracks appear on different walls?

The contractor may have added too much water to the mix to float the concrete to an area of the foundation that he could not reach with the concrete truck shoots.

Old 05-17-07, 06:13 AM
M
Foundation Question

This is the actual foundation. The footers are fine. It's basicly a single level house so there is no basement. There is a bonus room over the garage. The house is not below the frost line. It's a structual reinforced foundation slab with thickened edges. The cracks are in several places. One crack in particular runs the width of one part of the house 19 feet. The cracks measure less than 1/8 of an inch.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: