Driveway Cracks Repair

Old 05-28-07, 12:18 PM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Driveway Cracks Repair

My concrete driveway is around 4 years old. Last year some long hairline cracks appeared and after this winter the cracks have widened (now around 1/4" to 3/8" wide at the surface with small pieces of the concrete around the cracks having broken off. I have been told that this can easily be repaired by myself using a concrete sealer from somewhere like Home Depot. Is this advise sound or are there better methods? I have looked around Home depot and can only find bags of concrete and not concrete sealer - where would I get concrete sealer from?

Thanks

Old 05-29-07, 02:39 AM
P
Sealer will not help. It is liquid and will just flow down through the crack and into the base underneath. Perhaps they told you concrete "sealant", as in a caulk-like substance. There are products sold at HD, Lowes, etc. that are crack fillers, but do not apply them expecting them to match color-wise. They are probably your best bet.
Bagged concrete mix will work temporarily, but will chip out of the cracks when the concrete expands/contracts/moves with the seasons. It also will likely not match color-wise.

Pecos

Old 05-29-07, 07:33 AM
I
Thanks for the very useful info Pecos. Not sure what I'll do yet but grateful for the clarification.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: