trying to fix the bullnose on our concrete porch top

Old 06-11-07, 02:14 PM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
trying to fix the bullnose on our concrete porch top

Hi guys....i am trying to repair our concrete front porch. The previous owner let a leaking eavstrough ruin the top of the porch. Last summer we broke off all of the crumbling concret and formed it and poured new concrete. Now this summer we are looking to make everything look good and came across a goof up on our part. The porch has a bull nose, except where we fixed it. What I am trying to figure out is what would be the best way to fix this problem.

Old 06-11-07, 08:26 PM
K
so far the options that we have come up with are...

1. take an angle grinder to it and take the rest of the bullnose off
2. some how make a bullnose and somehow attach it to the porch..

personally i think 1 will be the easier option and i think 2 could end up looking bad.

Old 06-12-07, 02:59 AM
P
How large is the bullnose. I mean how far does it stick out? I think I'd get some sand, portland cement, and bonding agent and mix up a pancake batter consistency mix and apply it in lifts with a rubber float. Shape it as you go. Make sure the existing concrete is damp before you start. I've done this many times in the past and it works well. Posting some photos would help.

Old 06-12-07, 06:09 AM
K
at the most i would say it sticks out 1.5"-2". I'll try to get some pics up when i get home from work. As far as working with concrete, my experience is very limited so far, so I am trying not to get too complicated.

Old 06-13-07, 01:25 AM
P
For a bullnose that deep, you'd about have to form and pour it in place. Before forming it, run some tapcons into the face of the porch where the bullnose will be. Let them stick out about an inch or so and pour around them. That way, the new edge will be locked onto the old. Good luck.

Pecos

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: