How to remove large area of Behr Wet-Look Sealant

Old 06-11-07, 08:53 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to remove large area of Behr Wet-Look Sealant

Hi There,

I put on two coats of Behr Wet-Look Sealant on a 40'x17' brick paver stone patio. I live in Phoenix, Az and things are starting to warm up here. I put on the first coat early in the morning and it looked good, but felt I should put on a second coat. I waited until the sun was not directly upon the bricks in the evening to put on the second coat. This resulted in most of the area being very milky and very ugly. Behr gave me a few suggestions, none of which worked very well.

They suggested for too heavy an application in too hot of weather to try,

1) denature alcohol
2) 180 grit sandpaper
3) methylene chloride

the first two methods had no effect, for the third I used a Jasco product. I used an entire gallon, following directions, and barely removed anthing off the pavers. There is no way the third option could be cost effective to get the sealant off.

What would be the most cost effect way to remove the sealant from such a sized area?

Old 06-12-07, 02:45 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The most cost effective and quickest way would be to rent a large gas powered pressure washer with a sand injector. This would be just like sandblasting it off, but more gentle.
Another option is to use a liquid paint removal product and remove it by pressure washing, however it would create a huge mess.
Don't fool around with a homeowner model electric pressure washer. It won't do anything.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: