Putting a Vinyl Fence In Concrete

Old 06-23-07, 05:59 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Putting a Vinyl Fence In Concrete

I posted this in the fence section as well, but wanted to see if anyone had thoughts on the concrete part of this.

Thanks!

OK, picture this:

A covered Carport which was converted to a covered patio. Posts support the roof but are not close enough to attach a fence to.

I have it currently fenced in with Wood picket using lumber along the bottom and brackets to hold the fence and lumber together where their is no post to support it. It has held up very well for 6 years.

We are looking to replace the wood with vinyl and I would like to revisit the method in which I have fenced in this area.

I was thinking of trying to build a concrete "sidewalk" (obviously smaller) around the perimeter of the patio and putting the posts in to the "sidewalk".

Can this be done or is there a better way? How high would the concrete need to be to put posts for a 4' vinyl fence into?

Anything else I should consider? I am going to post this in the concrete section in case anyone has any concrete related suggestions

TIA

Old 06-24-07, 10:32 AM
W
Received 65 Upvotes on 56 Posts
Fence

Check out the post brackets for concrete in the porch railing section at your big box store. Basically, you drill 4 holes and anchor the bracket to the concrete; then cover with a vinyl sleeve. Good luck with your project.

Old 06-24-07, 07:31 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ken,

Thanks for the reply. I found the brackets, looks like you buy the posts that have a wood section inside and then a metal section with grooves and you attach the bracket to the post (metal groove section) and then to the concrete with concrete screws.

Is this what you were talking about? How sturdy are these? We have 2 80ld dogs that don't jump up on the fence all the time, but occassionally.

I also found these online:

http://www.hooverfence.com/vinyl/hardware/post-towers.htm

Old 06-25-07, 12:54 PM
W
Received 65 Upvotes on 56 Posts
Fence

I used a different brand from Lowe's for 2 corner posts when I installed my porch railing.

Your situation may require something more sturdy such as 4x4's from the floor to the ceiling. (If you have a ceiling where the posts will be located)
A photo posted in Photobucket would be helpful so we can see your setup.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: