Help with cracked sidewalk

Old 07-12-07, 02:59 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Help with cracked sidewalk

I had a stamped concrete sidewalk put in about 3 years ago. The contractor suggested because of the grade that we use the bottom step as part of the sidewalk. The original steps were 3 steps, now 2 steps). One of the release line cuts was between the end of the step (Again part of the sidewalk) and the remaining sidewalk

It came out great! we were very happy with the way it look. We spent a lot of money on it but was happy with the results.

I live in Connecticut and this past winter was a bad one. Because of a frost heave. the release line cut between the step and the remaining sidewalk has chips in the sidewalk. I called a few places for a price to repair it and it just costs too much money.

There are several small thin chips in the sidewalk I guess I can get a cement paint (Gray) that will probably be close and just paint those areas. There are also a few chunks that are loose and can be pulled out.

I don't want to paint these areas because they are too deep (1" to 1 1/2") and water will funnel in there. Is there something out there that I can use almost like a cement glue? Any recommendations? Thanks!

Old 07-12-07, 04:36 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Call the contractor who installed it and ask if he used color hardener or integral color as the coloring agent. If he used color hardener (which is basically a powder containing sand, cement, and pigment), ask him if you can buy a little off of him. Chances are, he's got some partial pails of your color left over from other jobs anyway. Mix this up to a pancake batter consistency with concrete bonding agent (which you can buy anywhere), and patch your holes. You can mix it thinner (more bonding agent, less color hardener) and use it to paint the other spots. Keep some to fix spots in the future. Color hardener costs about $35-$40 for a 5 gallon pail. Good luck.

Pecos

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: