Concrete Stairs - RESURFACE OPTIONS ?

Old 09-07-07, 01:17 PM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concrete Stairs - RESURFACE OPTIONS ?

I have a two concrete stairs and a landing that I would like to dress up & since it also darkens each year and needs to be pressure washed. I do not want to raise the surface very much so the last step into the house will be about the same height.

What are the best options - Tiles, epoxy paint, etc???

Old 09-09-07, 03:32 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
After cleaning the steps and risers thoroughly and allowing to dry, you could use a good epoxy paint with tread sand mixed in. That will also help in traction, as the epoxy paint will dry hard and may be a little slick. Building on top of the steps, even tile, usually does not give a good result.

Old 09-09-07, 06:26 PM
Q
Received 5 Upvotes on 5 Posts
If you want a rustic look, you can do what I did nearly twenty years ago (and still look great) - find the roughest (not glazed) clay tiles you can (so they're never too slick) and apply them over the steps and risers. Mine had rounded corners which worked really well to place the treads ones over the edge of the riser ones and still have durable rounded corners.

I've never experimented with other products because I've always felt they'd wear off more quickly, but don't really know.

Old 09-10-07, 06:19 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Go to a masonry store and see if they have a product called Emaco 310 or 88 ( fiberglass in it ). If they dont tell them what you want to do and the will have something there that you will be able to repair them with. aAlso assk what they might have that ou can apply a thin coat and sponge finish to dress the whole staircase.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: