Help, please --forms left on new concrete for 4 weeks!!

Old 09-25-07, 01:47 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Help, please --forms left on new concrete for 4 weeks!!

I hope this is a good place to ask this question....

About two months ago we hired a concrete contractor to completeley remove and re-pour our large, 7-step front porch. Needless to say, getting the guy to come back after he finished pouring was a nightmare. The forms were up on the sides of the porch for 4 weeks before he came back to take them off (he assured us that leaving the forms up this long was fine). Now that the forms are off, the sides of the porch are all rigid, bumpy, crazy color variences....extremely rough and jagged --- our old porch looked better! When I asked what could be done to fix it he said "nothing"....needless to say he has since disappeared and we are left with a mess.

I have been calling more conrete people and none of them do "repairs" or have any recommendations. Is there any way this could be fixed? Perhaps sanded? Or re-coated (even though I know the durability on the coating isn't that great).

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank you!!!

Old 09-25-07, 01:53 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 821 Upvotes on 720 Posts
Welcome to the forums Angela

I'm not a mason but I would think you could use either mortar or stucco to fill in the voids

Old 09-25-07, 02:40 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Asuuming you are talking about the sides of the steps and the risers (but not the top of the stoop or treads), you simply get a product called "sand mix", which is sand and cement. Mix it with water and bonding agent, and "rub" it onto the surface with a sponge float. All products available at a lumberyard/big box.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: