filling a sawed crack

Old 11-07-07, 06:34 AM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
filling a sawed crack

I've cut a 1 inch wide groove in my sidewalk to accomodate a powerline going to my hot tub. The cut is about 4" deep. Would you simply refill with concrete? (The walk is patterned concrete- gray) Or can you recommend another method.

Thanks!

Old 11-07-07, 10:25 AM
T
They make products to repair this, but they will almost certainly be darker than the existing concrete. The primary issue is shrinkage of the repair. Regular concrete will not last long.

Old 11-08-07, 06:24 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
its too late to place that powerline into a sleeve UNDER the sidewalk so you'll have to live w/it,,, fill the sawcut w/vermiculite (for its compressive ability) up to 1" below the sidewalk surface & seal/caulk w/polyurethane ( we use sika ) of a compatible color.

you've created a joint which'll expand & contract w/temp,,, leave the sealant 1/4" below surface for best results & 'tool' (press) it against CLEAN sidewalls for max adhesion,,, don't make the bead too thick (over 3/8") or you risk loss of cohesion.

Old 11-08-07, 02:48 PM
V
thanks...the wire is in a metal covered rubber sleeve...I will follow your instructions...appreciate the tip

John

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: