concrete cleaning- again.

Old 12-09-07, 02:52 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
concrete cleaning- again.

Hello folks- I posted a question some time ago on how to remove stains from concrete. One gentleman suggested a product called Drive-Away. Problem is: I can't find this product anywhere. I'm trying to remove oil/grease stains from my concrete driveway and would like to know if there is a very good product readily available at local hardware stores. Please respond only if you used this product recently and are sure it will do the job. Thank you for your valued advice.

Old 12-10-07, 01:56 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
beaneedoo,,,

franmar - you can google it,,, we don't use it as its too slow but, for h/o's, its perfect,,, soy-bas'd, too,,, or try a citrus-bas'd cleaner.

Old 12-13-07, 04:50 PM
N
I do this every month. I go to Auto Zone Parts Store and buy a gallon of "purple power" degreaser. For stubborn driveway stains, I use it as concentrated. I use a sprayer and let it soak for a little, then scrub it a little with the broom and hose it off. Stuff works great too for cleaning wheels but dilute it 1:1. The gallons only costs $4 and lasts forever.

If you have a swimming pool, you can also use acid, but you have to be careful not to remove the cream off the top of the cement.

Old 12-14-07, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator
Received 6 Upvotes on 6 Posts
stains

hey moonlite,
try "OSR" (oil stain remover) available at Lowes in the paint section i think, or "pour and restore" (i think HD may sell it). Both are citrus based and take a while to work. You pour it on the stain and wait for it to dry to a powder, then sweep it away. I have used both and they do work, esp for older stains. will take off oil and transmisson fluid stains, not sure about brake fluid. Some stains require 2 applications.
I agree with napster about the purple power. this stuff is great for relatively fresh stuff and general de-greasing. The wheels statement is right on, better than the wheel cleaners they sell. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: