The other part is brick

Old 12-27-07, 04:20 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The other part is brick

Actually, this is an interior problem (in my living room) that no one could answer!
We have a brick chiminey. The interior part has many white spots (efforescence) I think. We have stopped all water entrances but after washing the spots, they re appear in a couple of days. Some spots are really eating away the brick! How can I stop this and restore the chiminey? This was a really beautifull fireplace! Again, God bless all of you for your prescious time and tallent!

Old 12-27-07, 05:11 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by guygood
I think. We have stopped all water entrances but after washing the spots, they re appear in a couple of days.
Sound like you still have moisture problems. - at home inspections we see many modes of water entry to chimneys and fireplaces, some quite unintuitive.

Pictures of the interior damage, the exterior of the chimney, the top of the chimney, the flashings of the chimney to the roof and the passage of the chimney through the roof taken at the interior of the attic would be helpful, but it's quite possible this problem cannot be diagnosed except on-site.

Last edited by Michael Thomas; 12-27-07 at 05:54 AM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: