brick paver question

Old 12-30-07, 08:47 PM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brick paver question

i just had 4x8" brick pavers installed for a driveway. Some are left over and i would like to use them to create 3-step stairs to my porch.

Questions: 1) what is the best type of mortar to use for this project? 2) are all sides mortared (in betweeen as well as a bed of mortar for pavers on top)?

thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Old 12-31-07, 08:12 PM
B
If it's a stair you are planning to use up those spare pavers on then make it a point to go to your closest masonry supply. Once there, take a look at his concrete step stackers.They are like a frame work cast from concrete and designed to provide a comfortable rise and run for your tread to rise ratio. They are produced by the same folks who supply the pavers and will nicely contain whole and half units of the bricks.

Pavers are not designed to be used with mortar due to their sizing and the fact that you would have a tuff time bonding out a pattern it because would be a roadblock to any pattern, Two halves make on long length but add a mortar joint and well, you will see if you experiment.

rim

Last edited by stickshift; 01-01-08 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Removed quoting of entire post
Old 01-01-08, 07:33 AM
D
thanks for your reply...

good info!

devin

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: