Venitian Plaster (like) for Cinder block wall

Old 01-07-08, 02:35 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Happy New Year everyone. I am working on a backyard project, wife wants to go Mederterainian look, I was thinking on doing the Cinderblock walls in a venitianplaster like finish, Nothing to fancy, I was wondering if i should just use a stucco, or regular cement to a toothpaste consistancy? or do they make a plaster for this type of job? Any info will be of tremendous help. ( if not i'll put my wife on a plane to italy and she can see all the plaster she wants LOL)

Old 01-07-08, 03:03 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

Are you talking about interior or exterior?

If exterior, the climate and materials are important to get something that lasts to protect your efforts. In Italy, they have concrete block (not cinder block), pumice block or stone covered with a lime plaster. In addition to the climate, the durability depends on both the wall building materials and the type of surface plaster used before decorative plaster.

A trip to Italy for your wife might be the best way if your climate is the same. If it is different, maybe you should go also to find out how to adjust to the climate, materials and application. - (LOL)

Old 01-07-08, 03:23 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
"Venetian Plaster" is a technique, not a material. Normally it is done on interiors using a very fine grained gypsum plaster that is burnished as it is applied. It would be very difficult to do with anything but a lime plaster in an exterior settting, and I do not think the durability would be what should be expected.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: