Brick Driveway

Old 01-29-08, 09:08 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Brick Driveway

I recently came across (and had delivered for free) a few yards of old bricks that came from a house that was built 100+ years ago. I was told - and know from general knowledge - that bricks typically cannot be used as pavers. But, I was wondering if suppose I used these bricks to pave a patio or small driveway area, what should I expect, and if it is bad, how soon will it happen? Will they break down or heave right away, or will it take 10 years or so? Is there something I can do to slow it down if so?

FYI, I am looking for a temporary solution until I can afford cobblestone.

I live in New Haven, CT. It doesn't drop below freezing too much anymore. It is humid and damp a lot though.

Thanks

Old 01-30-08, 06:56 PM
M
OK, I am going to pave the driveway with reclaimed bricks this weekend. I guess I will be the first expert on what happens.

Old 01-30-08, 07:22 PM
T
You will be the expert on your particular situation, which is good enough. I think it will work out fine.

Old 01-30-08, 08:28 PM
M
"I think it will work out fine."

That's what I was thinking, thanks. I know it won't last forever, but it should hold up for a few years if not more (I was hoping around 5-6 years). Maybe I'll post some pics once complete.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: