Questions About Concrete Patio Poured

Old 02-01-08, 12:37 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Questions About Concrete Patio Poured

I'm planning on getting a 14x14 slab of concrete poured for a patio. The main reason behind is that currently there are brick tiles there that are misaligned and crooked and cause water to collect whenever it rains. This water then settles against my house.

I've received a few quotes (ranging from $1000 to $2500). Does $1000 seem to cheap for such a size? Also, the contractor said that he would like to pour the concrete over the brick tiles. Does this sound like a good idea?

Old 02-03-08, 03:16 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
i was never any good at,,,

looking thru anything ( walls/floor/soil/etc) & still aren't after 35yrs the point's how anyone'll know the condition of the base UNDER the brick,,, usually its shot when wtr's seep'd into it & must be replac'd to withstand geographic soil conditions & winter weather.

$7.50sf's an avg here in augusta but driveway in no atl ( marietta ) was $3.50 incl demo, conc, placing, finishing, & cutting jnts,,, cheaper than i could do it myself & great work,,, he even had w/c & genl liability.

i'd forget the $1k guy unless he really impress's you but he doesn't me from what's post'd,,, best thing to do's look at their work ( references ).

Old 02-03-08, 04:46 AM
D
Well mine main issue is his technique. Is that a standard practice to pour over existing tiles/concrete? I always thought a hole/trench was dug first, then 2x4s are placed around the area and the concrete is poured. I just want to be reassured that it can poured on top of an existing foundation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: