Patching chipped concrete

Old 02-25-08, 07:14 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Patching chipped concrete

I have some concrete that has chipped off of the foundation of my house. When I bought the house 6 mo ago the home inspector was not concerned with it other than he said it should be patched up.

How do I go about doing this and what should I use?

The chipped areas are not large or deep. I am going to be staining my concrete patio this summer and figured id patch the concrete at the same time...

Thanks in advance!!

Old 02-26-08, 04:16 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
patching conc's much easier,,,

than acid staining, imn-s-hfo, & we do both every day.

if they'e not large/deep, don't bother UNLESS the reason's structural,,, if aesthetic, can you live w/new patches having a different color'n the existing conc ? ? ?

IF they aren't large/deep, you'll have to enlarge 'em for any mtl to work properly.

Old 02-26-08, 05:46 AM
J
The concrete to be patched is on the foundation of the house, its not structural, but needs to be repaired.

I am going to be applying a semi-trans stain to the patio regardless, I just figured I would patch the concrete at the same time, the two jobs have nothing to do with eachother...

My question is what materials do I have to use to patch the concrete on the house and how do I go about it. The area(s) that need to be patched are really just 'chipped' rather than holes...

Thanks...

Old 02-26-08, 07:48 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
sika patching,,,

cement's what we use for small work.

directions on the bkt.

Old 02-26-08, 07:43 PM
J
Thanks...for the reply!!

Old 02-26-08, 08:06 PM
T
Wire brush the area, blow it or wash it dry, then dampen it and trowel regular old bagged mortar mix into the damaged areas. If there is any exposed rebar/mesh, brush it with phosphoric acid (Ospho) first. You can apply the mortar over the entire surface provided it is clean, dry, and free of paint if needed.

Bonding agent added to the mix water will help. After you have rough trowled it onto the surface and it has set for an hour or 3, lightly rub it down with a piece of carpet, a burlap sack, or a sponge float for a uniform sanded appearance. Let cure for a month before you apply any coatings or sealants.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: