What type of concrete?

Old 03-04-08, 09:46 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What type of concrete?

What type of concrete do I use to patch this? Also do I need a bonding agent? To the right of the picture along the horizontal crack what type of cement or compound should I use to make it all one uniform color top to bottom.

I am sorry if I did not explain this correctly. What I think and what I type are two different things.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...e/P3031509.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...e/P3031508.jpg

Thanks,
BOB

Old 03-05-08, 04:37 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
looks like it wasn't built,,,

correctly but those guys got paid & they're gone by now if it were our job, we'd place a formbord against the large hole & pack the space w/stiff bagg'd conc mix ( h/dlowe'sacehdwelumberyd ),,, depending on the depth of the space, might have to do this 2x,,, then, when that's set, finish w/mortar mix & trowel,,, parging the whole face w/fresh'd be the last step to give it consistent color appearance,,, in order to promote ' bonding ', wet the original conc so its damp but no standing wtr,,, any more ?'s, just ask,,, you may have to do this again in your life but no sense in hurrying it 'cause it didn't get done right this time know what i mean, vern ?

Old 03-05-08, 09:11 AM
M
Built a long time ago

I know it was poured a before the previous owners and that was back in the 60's.

No bonding agent or etching needs to be done to reface the entire thing correct?

Old 03-05-08, 05:40 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
bonding agent such as,,,

latex-modified milk ? ? ?,,, no - we wouldn't but, perhaps, you should,,, buy a small bottle for cheap insurance,,, YES, cleaning's good, of course ! ! !

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: