Stained Concrete Overlay

Old 03-05-08, 04:11 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Stained Concrete Overlay

Howdy,
I had a concrete overlay applied to my walkways and back patio area's. It's a flagstone pattern which looks great, however, in one area of the front walk the overlay is bubbling and will soon I fear crack and need repairs.
The overlay material went on pure white and was stained in several applications. Question what is the overlay material? I have stain to repair chips and can re stain a repair, but don't know the materials to patch with.

Anybody out there that can help?
Thanks,

Old 03-05-08, 05:37 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
most o'lay mtls,,,

are, generically, polymer-modified concretes,,, some're compatible w/others, some aren't,,, you're experiencing a loss of adhesion which means - call the guy back & have him bring some stuff w/him,,, we always use integral color just for possible chips.

Old 03-06-08, 06:20 AM
H
Smile Thanks so-elitecrete

From looking around I assumed Polymer was involved.
The contractor hasn't called back but hopefully will at least, if not repair the sections in ?, give me some of the material for repairs.

Thanks again.

Old 03-07-08, 05:14 AM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
there' so many,,,

outfits making this stuff its impossible to list 'em all,,, we use elitecrete exclusively as all their mtls ' work ' together but products range from ' gawda'mightycrete ' to ' knockyoursocksoffcrete ' to ' hardasarockcrete ',,, reputable manufacturers'll want you to attend training course(s) which can get expensive,,, there're some mtls avail at const supply houses but usually pools guys use those & we don't,,, send me some pics off-list if you'd prefer,,, maybe we can help OR suggest something.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: