Pouring concrete or cement thru 2" to 3" opening?

Old 03-18-08, 12:25 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Pouring concrete or cement thru 2" to 3" opening?

Hi, I'm thinking of pouring concrete or cement into a plastic anchoring base for a basketball goal. (We had water in it, but there are breaks in the plastic, so some of the water leaks out and then the base is not heavy enough to support the goal on windy days.) The circular opening thru which the concrete or cement will be poured is 2" to 3" in diameter. Is there an efficient way to get the concrete or cement into the opening, like maybe using a funnel, or is there another way? Also, should I use concrete or cement?

Old 03-18-08, 12:52 PM
S
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
1st off, cement's an ingredient,,,

of concrete,,, but here's another thought for you as this job's difficult to spread conc uniformly in the base w/o lots of external vibration which leads to mix segregation,,, why not just fill it w/3/8" crush'd stone instead ?

1 cf of wtr = approx 62# while a cf of stone weighs 95#,,, no mixing, no mess, no funnel, & much faster,,, just a thought,,, others'll have different & better ideas but i got here 1st so i get the whole check, right ? ? ?

Old 03-19-08, 11:32 AM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
reply to so-elitecrete

Thank you for your suggestion, but it turns out that the basketball goal sustained significant damage to the backboard when it fell the last time, so I won't be doing anyting to it.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: