Painting an exterior basketball concrete floor

Old 04-12-08, 12:59 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Painting an exterior basketball concrete floor

What type of paint is recommended for an exterior basketball concrete floor?? I did a 25' x 25' basketball concrete court and not sure what type of paint is used for any sport concrete floor

Old 04-12-08, 02:09 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 821 Upvotes on 720 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I've striped several interior basketball courts but have never done one on the exterior. I'd go to a paint store [not dept] and ask for their advice.

One of the problems with painting exterior concrete is they seldom have a vapor barrier under them which means not only does the paint have to withstand wear from above but moisture coming from under and thru the slab can also hurt the coating.

Old 04-12-08, 04:27 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marksr
Welcome to the forums!

I've striped several interior basketball courts but have never done one on the exterior. I'd go to a paint store [not dept] and ask for their advice.

One of the problems with painting exterior concrete is they seldom have a vapor barrier under them which means not only does the paint have to withstand wear from above but moisture coming from under and thru the slab can also hurt the coating.
Thanks Mark! Actually I already went to a paint store and they gave me several choices....that's why I'm looking for a second opinion....thanks!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: