concrete platform

Old 04-23-08, 08:03 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
concrete platform

hello all. I just bought a new treadmill and elliptical that will be put in my garage. The concrete floor is extremely uneven and wavy. Too much for the adjustable legs on the equipment to handle. I'm going to build a form and pour about 1 to 2" of sand mix for a nice level surface in a 50sf area. The one thing I want to be able to do is break it up easily without damaging the original floor if I decide to sell the house which could be in the next couple years. Could I pour the mix over polyethylene instead of using a bonding agent to keep it separate from the original floor or could I just pour without using polyethylene and still break it up easily?? I was also going to put a few tapcon screws in the floor to keep the platform from moving around if I use polyethylene. thanks

Old 04-23-08, 08:25 AM
C
Why not build a wood platform out of 2X4's and plywood?

Old 04-23-08, 09:36 AM
A
That was my first idea but the ceiling isn't very high so I was trying to keep the platform as low as possible. That's probably the best way to go though. thanks

Old 04-23-08, 04:11 PM
C
If you lay the 2X4s on their side and use 3/4" plywood or OSB, you'll only have about 2", which is what you were planning on pouring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: