Asphalt Driveway

Old 04-11-11, 06:00 AM
Received 12 Upvotes on 11 Posts
Asphalt Driveway

With all the new materials and methods I was wondering if there is a coating, not a sealer, that would renew a driveway that has hairline cracks and slightly sunken (1/4") areas made by the car tires from being parked in the same place. I know that I could caulk, patch and seal the driveway but that's what it would be , "a patch job". I'm thinking of a totally new surface other than adding 1" or so of blacktop. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Old 05-11-11, 10:15 AM
M
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I am not sure if there is a "coating" that necessarily can renew a driveway with cracks, and I am pretty sure there is not one that will fix the sunken areas. Unless of course you do the topcoat. There are coatings however, that are made to make the asphalt stronger so that it will not crack in the future. I know there are several different forms of coatings that are used for commercial purposes as well as residential. I know the StreetPrint coatings are polymer and cement mix. Flint also offers coatings for commercial purposes, not sure if they have that for residential. They are made to protect the asphalt but not to repair it. What I would recommend is to repair the hairline cracks, and then coat over it with the protective coating so it will not return. However, if the cracks are larger than hairline, it may be a foundational issue and that will always come through no matter what you put on top.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: