Hole in foundation

Old 06-14-08, 09:58 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hole in foundation

So my basement started leaking. I took a stroll around the house to examine the foundation and noticed a hole about the size of my fist in a corner. I stuck a straightened hanger down there and couldn't find the bottom. What's the best way to seal this? I don't want to just pour concrete in there because I don't know where it leads. Is there any way to block it off mid way, or somewhere closer to the top, and then seal from there up with cement?

Thanks

(I'm off to bed now, but i'm heading to home depot in the morning. if you could name the things I'll need to pick up, it'd be greatly appreciated.)

Old 06-14-08, 10:01 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Is this a block foundation or poured concrete? Any ideas what caused the hole?

Old 06-14-08, 10:05 PM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
no idea what caused the hole. They are blocks. I'm thinking something HAD to have been there and then pulled out, as it goes very deep...

Old 06-14-08, 10:28 PM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
You can remove the face of the damaged block and replace it with a new face. Measure your block so you can purchase one the same size when you go to the store.

The following instructions will give you a list of the other things you will need to make the repair: http://www.ehow.com/how_2131027_repa...ll-blocks.html

Blocks have hollow chambers inside and they are stacked on top of each other. The depth of the chambers reach all the way to the bottom of the lowest block.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: