want to brick in my house

Old 06-17-08, 10:48 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
want to brick in my house

i would like to brick in my house except for my back wall. my house is on piers. i am in the process of changing my piers to 8x8x16 blicks so that i may have someone dig a footing close to the house.
i have vinyl siding on my home now. i will be taking that off and also be changing my windows.

i have been told that i need to space my windows out since the bricks will be approx. 1''-1-1/2'' from the outside wall. the guys at the window place told me a treated 1x4 around the window rough opening would be enough. True?

is there anyone that could tell me approximately how deep and wide the footing would need to be? the brick wall would be approx. 9-1/2 ft tall. who could i trust to dig the footing? (as far as credentials go) would they need to be a structural engineer?

thanks for your time
Old 06-17-08, 08:10 PM
Frank99's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rockland, New York
Posts: 329
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You could go with a cultured brick. "Robinson" makes a great looking brick.

Old 06-17-08, 08:17 PM
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,304
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Novabrick is another possible solution.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: