How to do concrete ramp?

Old 07-01-08, 09:42 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to do concrete ramp?

I am planning on building a concrete ramp at the double door entrance to my basement. I've done level slabs before, but haven't done anything with a slope.

1. Does it need to be reinforced? The door is about 8-10 inches off the ground. Me on the lawnmower will be the heaviest thing to go across it.

2. How do you screed it into a slope? Do you use sloped forming boards on the sides?

Any other tips/info would be greatly appreciated. I'm intending on doing it this weekend since it's a 3 day weekend.

Old 07-01-08, 12:54 PM
C
You would fill, form, and screed just as if it were level. It would be similar to laying a sidewalk on an incline.

Old 07-01-08, 01:11 PM
W
So then the boards on the side would need to be sloped? Every time I've done it, and all examples I see online have the screeding done with a board that sits on top of the side boards. If I were to do it this way, then I guess the side boards would need to have the appropriate slope that I want the ramp to be.

See the image located here: http://images.lowes.com/general/c/co...pad_screed.gif

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: