Proper Cement for application?

Old 07-18-08, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Proper Cement for application?

I have an old house this winter I started getting alot of water comming up through the basement floor.Turns out the original owner left the wood forms in the floor and just floated over them.Finally got time I chisled all the 2x4 out of the floor so now It's fill in time I was thinking Hydraulic cement but its about a 35' run right down the center of the basement floor and that stuff sets up so fast I'd rather pour it all in one shot. Can I just use quickcrete or even straight portland cement? and will it stop the water? cause I only want to do this once gettin those old forms out was no fun.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-08, 09:17 PM
you will need to add a drain tile if you can, hydraulic pressure will force the water up through the concrete no mater what kind you use.

Murphy was an optimist.

Old 07-20-08, 07:45 PM
portland cement is just one component of concrete. By itself, it will do absolutely nothing, and have zero strength. It needs to be mixed with rocks, sand, and water and then you have concrete. The bags of portland cement you see at a store are for people who want to mix their own. In your case, sakrete has already done it all for you.

Pecos