Garage Concrete Floor

Old 07-18-08, 06:22 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Garage Concrete Floor

My house in Canada was built in 1986. The ground floor double garage which is part of the house is 22x22 feet and there are 4 cracks on the concrete floor all close to the doors and each about 5 feet long. In the summer, these cracks are a hair line and in the winter they are about 1/16Ē. There is no water coming into the garage but in the winter there is a big mess from the snow / salt the cars bring in which eventually drain to the drain which is located in the center. This garage has 2 exterior walls and in the winter is heated

When I bought this house in 1998, this garage floor was in a very bad shape with the same amount of cracks but a lot of exposed aggregate and cement dust. I applied with a rubber float some kind of cement coating all over the floor and then used a good quality paint and it became like new (I forget the kind of cement coating and the paint).

Now after 10 years of use, this floor shows its age and I would like to re do the cement coating / paint. I think that if I apply again a thin coat of cement like I did before it will be okay but I donít know if I should use Portland cement, Quikrete Concrete Resurfacer, or Sakrete. Any recommendations will be much appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-08, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
if the floor is not showing aggregate or surface spalling, I would just clean it properly and cover it with a good epoxy paint made for garage floors. if the surface is bad then try a Portland cement cover for the floor and after drying use the epoxy paint.

are you going to cowboy up or just lay there and bleed?

Old 07-19-08, 05:46 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I also think that a good epoxy paint will do the job and that is what I will do this time.

Thank you