concrete foundation crack

Old 09-01-08, 09:58 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
concrete foundation crack

Hi all,

Hopefully this is the correct forum for this question...

I'm having my carpeting replaced in my 9 year old condominium. I pulled up the carpet and padding around the edges so that I can paint the baseboards before the new carpeting is installed (I know, I'll have to touch them up after installation). When I pulled up one section, I found this crack. It runs from an exterior wall in to the living room. Please see the photo below. It's about 3/16" wide. The padding is glued down fairly well so I wasn't able to pull it up all the way to see how long the crack is. There isn't any moisture or other issues so I haven't noticed anything was amiss until now.

Do I need to do something with this crack before the new carpeting goes down? Or is it okay to lay the new pad and carpet on top of this?

Thanks in advance.
L

Old 09-01-08, 08:47 PM
judging from the size of the crack next to the penny i would say that just caulk the crack to keep critters out and not worry about it, if the two sides aren't at different heights it is probably and expansion crack and probably not get any worse.

Murphy was an optimst.

Old 09-02-08, 05:15 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
There are various types or filler/caulking that you can find in a harware store.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: