Brick Sealing

Old 09-02-08, 08:55 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Brick Sealing

I have a 8" x 10" front porch on a raised rancher home. The porch is actually a room which houses the well pump and oil tank. It had a concrete floor to it with a terrible rubberized coating that was bubbled and pealing. We scrapped of the rubber coating and had a fellow come in who "leveled" with concrete and put a brick face on the floor of the porch. It is now leaking into the room below - and had completed flooded my family room this past weekend. What can I put on the porch floor and walls to seal it. I do not want to change the look of the brick.

Old 09-02-08, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Brick Sealing

I can understand you looking at the lack of a floor coating and the new leveler as the cause of the problem.

Have you determined exactly where the water is entering?

Have you also looked at the drainage around your room under the porch?

Did applying the "leveler" change the drainage so it is flatter than before and dececrease the ability to shed water away from the house?

What do you have at the joint between the floor and the house to prevent leakage? - Is it flashed and or well caulked with a quality flexiblw caulk?

Just putting something over the samped leveler may not really be the only or best solution.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: