leveling cutout made in foundation for HVAC

Old 10-17-08, 10:05 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
leveling cutout made in foundation for HVAC

I had to cut two big holes in my foundation for new HVAC being added as part of my addition. I did pretty good job of cutting out the areas (one 46" wide and other 54" wide), but it is not perfectly flat as the saw couldn't cut the entire depth so I had to use chipping hammer to finish. So now I am going to put up headers, one will be a piece of steel angle support on each end by two 2x6, the other will be an LSL. I wanted to put a 2x6 flat over my cut and then have the jacks bear on it. I thought that I should put some material on top of my cut first and then put the horizontal piece on top of it and make it flat and level. I bought sakrete non-shrink construction grout. Is this a good choice? I planned to mix it thick and trowel it on and then put wood on top of it and let it dry before putting in jacks. The area is pretty level, but is bumpy. I would only need to have thickness of maybe 1/2" max to make it flat. How about sand mix (sand + cement mix that is used to "rejuvinate damaged concrete sufaces in layer s up to 2" deep."

the other cutout had concrete that seemed to crumble at one end where my horizontal wood member would go. I removed the stuff that came out easily, now am left with a divet of about 2" or so deep and one foot long at one end that will need to be filled along with the leveling described above. What is the best way to do this one? the sand mix mentioned above?

Old 10-18-08, 06:57 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sand with Portland should be fine. 3 sand to 2 Portland.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: