To peg out a line

Old 11-19-08, 07:17 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
To peg out a line

Hi.As a novice to building can someone explain how to lay a string line prior to laying the first course of cement blocks that will find both right angles at each end (corners of wall).The small wall will be; 6 ft ends with 22 feet main wall.Thanks

Old 11-19-08, 09:48 AM
Received 59 Upvotes on 53 Posts
I think you are adding this beside a building. That said I would attach my string to the wall of the building at 1 end of the 22 foot. Then 7 foot of string would be tied to a stake. (Always go past the area needed to place the stakes to allow room to work.) Using a framing square place the short leg against the building and use the long leg to align the string. Set that stake. Do the same at the other end. Mark the string at the 6 foot measurement. Run your 26 foot string (1 foot past each string for work room) across these marks. Use the framing square to insure the corners made by these strings are square. Or you can measure diagonally across from corner to corner.(One side of building to opposite string corner at mark.) If the strings are square to each other the diagonal measurement will be the same. Be sure you pull all strings very, very, tight when you set them.

Old 11-20-08, 03:05 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your reply.I am purchasing today the Framing Square.In the past someone mentioned about building a "FORM with wood at each end then run string the add nails to get string in line!!!!!!!!.Somehow it went in one ear the out ther other!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: