Painting concrete garage floor

Old 12-06-08, 06:21 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Painting concrete garage floor

Beware of using Quikcrete concrete sealer, I used it, followed all directions, paint peeled under car tires, contacted company, they instructed me on how to fix it, followed recomendations, product failed again.
Beware

Old 12-06-08, 08:42 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 870 Upvotes on 761 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the product. Coating garage floors is always iffy. Not only does the coating take abuse from above, any moistuire [or other contaminates] that is in or passes up thru the concrete can cause problems.

I hope your only reason for becoming a member isn't to blame a product [against the rules] that may or may not be at fault.

Old 12-06-08, 11:04 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Was this a paint or a sealer? Your post was confusing because you called it both. Also, was this newly- poured virgin concrete, or were there oil spots or other contaminants? When you say you followed all directions, is that including proper surface prep? Neither sealer nor paint will stick to an improperly prepped surface, especially on a wear surface. Elaborate on your experience to let us know whether or not your problem is legitimate.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: