decorative block color options

Old 01-07-09, 10:20 AM
K
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

We are going to build a cinder block pump house (12x12) here at the club and would like to see color options that are avalable. I can't seem to find good info with just a google search. These blocks will most likely be ordered at Lowe's or H-depot. How do I go about picking the right color? Are there any sites with good visuals?

Thanks

Old 01-07-09, 03:43 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post

If you are building a small pump house out of colored concrete (not cinder) blocks, forget about a big box store, since you will limited by what the computer says is available and they are willing to stock.

If you have a reasonably progressive block producer near-by that makes colored concrete block, call and see what they may have available from previous or current projects. Concrete block production is a volume business and all the block for your building can be made in less than an hout, but could not affored to have them set up for a small job. The question will be the matching units for corners and half length. Many producers have standardized colors (Texas is a little slow), but you be be able to find something.

Dick

Old 01-07-09, 06:14 PM
T
If you say where in Texas, I can tell you what is available, exactly. In Houston/San Antonio/Dallas, you will have to get block from stock for a small project, so you will be limited to White, Buff, or Gray, unless there happen to be a job run-over of another color available. From Lowe's or Home Depot, you will get gray smooth regulars and nothing else.

Old 01-08-09, 03:20 PM
K
Thanks for the replies. We are in Granbury and I have since found out that our local big box stores get their material from Palistine Concrete in Palistine, Tx. I also here that there is a block factory in Strawn (?) I think. I haven't had time to research either place yet but that's my next move. Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: