Eagle Project

Old 01-17-09, 03:31 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Eagle Project

I'm helping my son on his eagle project, we are building a welcome sign for the town we live in, we have two very large poured in place concrete foundation plinths, on top of this we have a wood framework which we will use to attach our marble blocks to (white marble) we got it VERY CHEAP. They are 12"X 6" x 2" they are 17lbs ea. 80 blocks per column. Question, what type of adhesive? or mortar?. We have researched many products but no one has given us a definitive answer. We will be using spacers between the blocks and strapping to the framework. We live in Missouri so it is very cold. We wish this sign to stand through the Millenium, can anyone help?

Old 01-17-09, 05:38 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ok you are talking over 1300lbs per column, if you are planning on supporting it with a wood frame that is going to be one heck of a frame, if i read this correctly?
the blocks will spell out the sign? mortar will not support the blocks from the back for very long, i would be looking into some type of epoxy that can be mixed and applied to the back.

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: