Resurfacing Driveway

Old 01-28-09, 08:13 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Resurfacing Driveway

My concrete Driveway is pretty weathered and full of pop outs and cracks. I'm just wondering what is the best way to resurface it without loosing the height that it's at and having to totally jackhammer it out. I can afford to add about 3" on top but not much more.

Old 01-28-09, 09:08 AM
T
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
First, you need to repair the cracks. This is the most important thing to be done and involves several steps. The last step is to spray over with concrete texture coat. Here are step-by-step instructions: Resurface Driveways - Step by Step Guide to Fix Concrete Surfaces - The Concrete Network

Old 01-28-09, 12:39 PM
P
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
There is also a product called Quikrete Concrete Resurfacer which is sold at Lowe's, etc. It is a cement based overlay that can be applied by squeegee, and is geared toward homeowner use. Be sure to closely follow all directions, especially those regarding surface prep.
Cracks in concrete can seldom be "fixed", and a resurfacer alone will NOT do the trick. Usually existing cracks will transfer up through the overlay in a very short time, sometimes as early as the next day.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: