Old 02-07-09, 09:10 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Recently I thought I saw a DIY program about a liquid that could be pour into holes drilled in concrete to break it up. I'd like more information on this. How is it used, where can it be purchased, and what precautions are needed?
Old 02-07-09, 09:55 AM
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,306
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I can't remember what it's called, but it is used for breaking apart THICK chunks of concrete without a jackhammer. I don't know what you intend to use it for, but if it's just for a normal concrete driveway, walk, etc. you'd be wasting your time and money. For instance, normal concrete is only 4 to 6 inches thick. If the hole you drilled to pour the stuff into went all the way through the concrete, the stuff would just leak under the slab and do nothing. If you intend to pour it into a crack in the concrete, be advised that cracks go all the way through too, they're not just on the surface or partway through.
I've also heard that this stuff is expensive. If it's just regular concrete you're tearing out, a jackhammer or sledgehammer would be a better choice.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: