Standing water in driveway/patio

Old 02-11-09, 06:56 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Standing water in driveway/patio

I have a driveway that runs up the side of my house and it is about 8 feet wide it runs straight into an unattached garage. At the back of the house there is a patio/turn around area. There is no drainage system as it is all cement right up to the house and water sits by my back steps every time it rains. If it is a light rain it isn't too much of a problem, but in heavy rains it covers the whole drive and patio/turn around area. It stands about 4-5 inches near the steps. I am worried that this water is causing the patio to sink more as it drains and possibly coming into my basement. I was going to check into getting a utility pump to pump the water down the driveway (which is sloped properly from the side of the house to the road. I wasn't sure if this was the best short term fix (long term would be to have a cement company come out). Any other ideas or if this is good what type of pump should I purchase to drain this area?
B

Old 02-11-09, 08:23 PM
I would think about placing a drain from that point to some place away from the house, but since that would involve cutting a trench through your concrete, maybe just cutting a small square out and placing a sump pump there to pump the water away. be wary of anything that may be open to freezing during bad weather and possibly being damaged.
you do want to get the water away from the house so it doesn't ruin your foundation

life begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies

Old 02-22-09, 09:48 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Call for expert

Hi friend,
You should call expert for expert advice. because in this matter the chance must increase of mis suggestions

Old 02-24-09, 02:25 AM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Make a water proof

hello friends,
Patio covers available in number of variety but buy only water proof patio cover. It's my personal experience.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: