Not sure what to do to my Concrete

Old 02-21-09, 05:32 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not sure what to do to my Concrete

Hello all... I am looking for help here. i have been doing a lot of reading regarding finishes for a Concrete Slab. I have about 500 sq ft of a concrete slab next to my home in the backyard that I would like to do something nice with. Cars do not park here, just mainly walking and the dogs running. I have read regarding painting, staining (water based/acid based) and I was very incline towards acid staining until I spoke to a pro that told me if I acid staining on a broom finish concrete, I would just get a stain that looks a lot like paint or as if I just used wood stain since it will be a basic color. It will not have the effect of pictures that one sees online. So this in a way killed my idea since I was thinking it was going to end up like the pics. So I am looking for advise on what I should do on this slab. I mainly want something that I can DIY and not spend tons of money on like artistic concrete, etc... Hopefully I can get some good info here... Thanks again

Old 02-21-09, 07:27 PM
D
to be easy paint with marine enamel and add sand to the paint when done... got traction and then the durability and any color you want

Old 02-21-09, 08:32 PM
H
You mean as the paint dries to hand throw some sand so it can dry along with the paint or to mix the paint with some sand?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: