concrete driveway

Old 03-03-09, 08:38 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
concrete driveway

I am about 8months into a new construction house. After this first winter in the house I am noticing that chunks of my driveway are coming out of my driveway. The sizes range from a nickel to quarter. They driveway was professionally sealed in last fall, nor have I used any salt. can anybody offer any advice?

Old 03-03-09, 12:12 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I know people are going to disagree with me but I never would have sealed it. It turns a maintenance free surface into a never ending job. I don't know if the sealer caused it but I'd rent a pressure washer and get rid or the seal. Use a red tip. Then I would patch the holes.

Old 03-03-09, 12:36 PM
concrete driveway

You did not list your location when you filled out the information, so good answers may be hard to get.

If you are in a climate where there is freezing, check to see if the contractor used air entrained concrete for improved freeze/thaw durability. Around here, they may refuse to deliver concrete for a driveway unless it is 4000 psi and 5% air entrainment.

The concrete supplier would have all the records, but the contractor may not remember what he ordered, but he certainly knows where it came from.

Dick

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: