Resurfacing concrete floors

Old 03-11-09, 11:22 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Resurfacing concrete floors

I am remodeling a house with a concrete slab. I have seen numerous homes with stained concrete floors and some with what appears to be a textured coating that resembles brick, slate, stone, etc... I am a skilled handyman / homeowner and I want to do the job myself. I have seen the different type of stamping pads sold on ebay but never the overlay material. Where can I purchase this material and is this a project I should be consider doing myself.

Old 03-11-09, 05:32 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The materials are found at some contractor's supply places, but definitely not Lowe's, Home Depot, Menards, etc. The overlay products are a specialty item, and there are many different types from stampable overlays, to trowel downs, to splatter coats, etc. Many places will not sell them to anyone other than a trained contractor. However, some will. You've just got to locate a local place that will.
As to the advisability of trying it yourself: Only you know your capabilities. I've seen homeowner projects go well and others horribly wrong. I've also seen (a lot of) professional concrete guys try to get into stamping and fail miserably. However, it's your house so you're not going to get sued if it turns out badly. Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: